If you’ve started using social media, specifically Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, these are some tips that I often mention during my training sessions:
- Start by following friends’ friends
- Like, share, and comment. Like customer’s pages from your page.
- Use polls on your page
- Answer questions and comments
- Share videos and blog posts
- Use clickable links – http://www…..
- No contact or sales info is allowed in page header
- When logo area is clicked, have a link there
- Use Milestones on pages, page posts every other day
- Be particular about who you follow
- Keep username and tweets short enough so others can re-tweet
- Start by following people someone else in your field is following
- Hint: when you have little time – re-tweet and put your comment in front,
then send the same tweet again
- Reply to @s and DM’s
- Comment, tweet info, answer questions – don’t be afraid to
jump into a conversation
- When sending a tweet, put the username after the comment for more views
- Be the person who delivers knowledge – curate from the web,
share old blog posts
- Use keywords and hashtags to follow topics
- Use lists to follow specific people
- Outsource or autotweet your blog posts and spend time interacting
- Careful with autotweet that the tweet is still relevant
- Address problems asap and publicly
- Use hashtags for events
- Complete profile and keyword URL’s, full summary and skills
- Connect with those you know first, then a few new people daily
- Think biz casual – share biz content, answer questions
- No hashtags (this is changing) or RT’s
- Like and share, reply to DM’s, respond to invitations
- Participate in groups or start your own, comment on threads
- Endorse skills of connections, Recommend others
- Add a company page with video, documents, photos, FAQ’s
- Tip: click LinkedIn Share button on a site and post to Groups
If you have your own website/blog, remember that the goal is always to bring people back to it – a Facebook page is not a website.
So are any of the above tips new to you? Any more I should add to this list for using Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn?
Here’s to keeping up with the world around us,
P.S. If any of these points sound like a foreign language,let me know by clicking here and I can help you.