Download the episode here
Notes from this podcast episode:
- Portion from ‘The Finishing Touch’ by Charles Swindoll, called ‘Who Cares’.
- Tells the story of a derelict who was found on the streets and later died
- The surprising name of who that drunken bum really was. I won’t spoil it for you, you’ll have to listen to the podcast
- The story reminded Mr Swindoll of a poem about stooping down and restoring a lost soul’s glimmer of hope.
- Deep within many a forgotten life is a scrap of hope trying hard to return.
Because of my volunteering at the homeless shelter and the women’s prison, I know how hard it is for many people to realize that life is still worth living, no matter how much we may have messed up. I hope this story encourages you to care.
Have a great week and take the time to smile at others,