Who Am I?
Don’t let technology keep you from sharing your story.
It can be simple enough for a grandmother to use.
I know because I’m a great-grandmother!
“I love to help people embrace technology because I know it will open a whole new world for them.”
We live in an amazing age. Thanks to technology, we can now do more than we ever imagined possible. This is the perfect time to share your story on the Internet and help people all over the world with what you’ve learned from your experiences.
Hi, I’m Carol Bremner, an online media specialist, Internet trainer and consultant who has been working with groups and individuals since 2001. I was a technophobe but I found my way out. Now my goal is to teach technical concepts in a non-technical way and help people to share their stories (their expertise and experiences) online. I do that by helping female entrepreneurs feel empowered to use technology.
In 2001, had a dream of opening my own little shop – a computer café and training area. I purchased a number of tutorial CD’s so people could use them for learning and I would be there for support. That meant I had to renovate, lease computers, arrange insurance and coffee suppliers, deal with building permits and the health department.
After that learning curve to prepare the space, I finally opened my doors and in a very short time realized I didn’t enjoy sitting and waiting for customers to come in. Plus, people didn’t want to use tutorials, they wanted me to teach them. So in less than a year I closed the business and went home based, which involved offering training from my home or theirs and in community centers.
Then in 2002 I discovered the Internet and loved the opportunities it provided. Flexibility to test and change direction at little cost. Although many mistakes were made, I’ve realized the Internet is one of the best ways to inexpensively help others by sharing your experiences and expertise.
Please connect with me in one of the following ways:
Join my Facebook community (private group): Build and Market Your Expertise Online
Follow me on Facebook at https://facebook.com/NonTechieOnlineSuccess
My Online Courses: https://udemy.com/u/carolbremner/
My passion for computer literacy and interest in all things related to marketing on the Internet have led to many opportunities. These are some of the things I’ve achieved:
- In 2019, I participated as a speaker in the LEAP Online Summit
- 2018 is a year of change and re-focus. I’ve felt very strongly about helping women who are unable to work a regular job to earn extra income as creators of online content sharing their experiences and using their expertise. I’ve realized we often need a self-confidence boost first, so I’ve started a community to help women see how much potential they have.
- In 2017, after two years of feeling intimidated at the thought, I launched my podcast, Purpose For Your Life, on iTunes.
- As a Udemy instructor, I have a number of my courses online so that they can be consumed at your own speed. So far I have over ten courses and over 11,,000 students from many countries all over the world.
- I was an Internet trainer with the Johnson Community Centre in Cambridge for five years. I taught courses in Social Media, Blogging, Starting an Internet Home Business, Publishing Online, Creating Information Products, and Affiliate Marketing. I’ve since left that position to concentrate on more online courses.
- As a volunteer at a nearby women’s prison, I taught the concepts of social media to a group of women who had no idea what it even was. We had no Internet, so I taught them using role playing, pens and paper.
- In April 2011, I kicked off the Vibrant Living Series with a social media presentation entitled “Are You a Sally Social Butterfly or a Wanda Worker Bee?”
- In February 2011, I was asked for a second time to speak about Internet business to a group at the Working Centre in Kitchener.
- In late 2010, co-presented a workshop on Search Engine Optimization with Jeremy Stuzka at the Cambridge Chamber of Commerce.
- As a volunteer, I started a computer club at the local community centre soon after re-locating to Cambridge. I have also helped with a number of computer classes at the Literacy Group, after becoming certified as a Laubach Literacy Tutor.
- In May 2008, I appeared as part of a three woman tech panel on a local Rogers TV station, as the blogging expert.
- In early 2008, my eBay workshops at the Momiji Centre in Toronto were mentioned by a local paper when one of the students started to do very well selling on eBay. My workshops have been in demand ever since.
- In 2007, I volunteered to start a computer club at a community centre in Toronto that continues until today. When it began, there weren’t even computers on site – a few members brought laptops and everyone crowded around them.
- In 2001, I left my position as a University library technician and opened a computer cafe in Scarborough. Within a year, I changed direction and began teaching computers to individuals and small groups on location.
Turning the Technical Into the Understandable – click here to see the services I provide
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
email me at info @carolbremner.com