What does a cat have to do with GooglePlus? This is one of the fun effects you can use if you’re in a Google Hangout. When your webcam displays your face, it can appear with an animal mask, or with a hat, a crown, or a number of different accessories. I can’t see why that would be useful for a business Hangout, other than to lighten the mood, but it would be great for a family session. Or I suppose if you didn’t want people to see what you really look like, the mask would be an option.
As I’ve mentioned before, I’m doing weekly webinars every Friday and we’re back on the topic of Social Media. In a previous GooglePlus session, I’ve mentioned some of the differences from Facebook, talked generally about circles and hangouts, showed how small businesses found on Google Maps also need to be connected to a GooglePlus account, as well as how to sign up for an account. If you missed those, click here to access my Social Media course.
This past week on the webinar, we talked about GooglePlus again, especially some of the great features now available. Although the webinar is only a half hour long, we managed to cover:
- Profile Pages
- Business Pages
- Posting to partial groups and using circles as a mini email center
- Interacting with the community
- Hangouts on Air and Youtube integration
- Community Groups
- Adding images and videos
- Automatic adding of Youtube videos
- Adding Gplus buttons to your website
- Hootsuite integration
Here’s a tip we mentioned: A typical business owner might have the following circles and use them in the following ways:
- Customers – send them emails about sales, new products, or special events.
- Associates – other business people with whom you network.
- Employees – the people who work for you.
- Friends – Those with whom you have some personal connection.
- Acquaintances – people you don’t know well, but who are potential customers or business associates.
This Friday on the webinar, we’ll be covering LinkedIn. Join us by registering at carolbremner.com and even if you can’t make it to the session, you’ll be sent the link to the recording.
To your Online Success,
P.S. These webinars will be ending next month, so register while you can!