As business owners, we spend a lot of time creating content – for presentations, websites, marketing pieces – any number of things. Why not re-purpose that content and let it work for you in many different ways? Here are my favourite ideas for keeping my content in front of people:
- After creating an interesting article or blog post of over 250 words, post it on an article directory such as ezinearticles.com for extra exposure. Your bio and a link back to your site will be there and when people take your article to post on their site, a whole new market will be exposed to your expertise and you’ll get more traffic to your site.
- Turn your written content into audio and upload it to your site. Using a service like freeconferencecalling.com you simply talk on the phone and your recording is available as an mp3 download for you to use. (This is one of my top ideas.)
- Create a Youtube video similar to the text content and link it to the original. Using a service such as Animoto, you can easily turn photos and text into a video.
- Take video or audio of your presentations and sell or use as marketing material. The first time I did that when teaching a workshop, I made sure I turned on my lavalier mic, but forgot to turn on the recorder until part-way through the presentation. But I was still able to use that sample in my promotions. In fact, I’ve included it on my audio page.
- Try out Blog Talk Radio and then use the resulting audio on your own website as well as having it show up on BlogTalk. I did an interview about Facebook Groups using that method and have it available here as well.
- Create an information product that showcases your expertise and have it available as a digital download (think Kindle), a CD or DVD, and even as a physical book. These methods are a little more technical, so I had help from my faithful virtual assistant, Melanie.
There you have it. Some of the ways I re-purpose my content. There are many more, so please share how you make your content work for you more than once.
To your success,
P.S. Melanie and I have assembled a team to help with your information product efforts. If you want to promote yourself and your business with a digital or physical book, or an audio or text (or photos) CD or DVD, we would be pleased to tell you about our new service. Just give me a call or send an email for more information.